Rajat Malhotra is an upcoming scholar of the project. Having a diverse background in administration, economics and commerce with more than 17 years of work experience in financial sector his interest in peace and interfaith brought him to CPS International which he joined in 2001. Being an economics graduate from Delhi University and with a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from ICFAI Business School, New Delhi (1998) placed him at an advantageous position of having a clear understanding of the modern world. Wanting to understand Islam in modernity he started his academic pursuit in 2011 through a two-year Masters of Islamic History program from University of Kerala (2013) with a distinction (75.16%) and obtaining 1st Rank. He is presently pursuing a doctorate degree from Mewar University, Rajasthan, India on “A Study of Transformation of the Arabian Society under the Prophet Muhammad and it’s contemporary relevance.”
His academic interest of Islam in relation to modernity, peace and interfaith dialogue is applied through his efforts at Center for Peace and Spirituality’s national and International initiatives towards dialogue and peace building efforts with different faiths. His objective understanding of Islam is reflected in his words at a program at IIC, New Delhi covered by Life Positive magazine:
"Do not judge Islam based on the actions of Muslims. Evaluate the actions of Muslims using Islamic tenets."
He continues to contribute extensively to Center for Peace and Spirituality by presenting the true face of Islam through his articles, presentations and participation in national and international programs.
1. Ramadan helps you pause and reflect, The Times of India, June 29, 2014, Leading English daily,
2. “Significance of Religion” Islamic Voice Online Portal.
PRESENTATIONS AND PARTICPATIONS:
- Ahimsa – The Only Way, Covered by Life Positive, India International Center, New Delhi, August 11, 2007.
- “Non-Violence – The Way Forward,” International Day of Non-Violence, October 2, 2013, Organized by Indialogue Foundation, New Delhi.
- Master of Ceremonies for Q & A program, Islamic Zindagi on Zee Salam Television.
- Has undertaken Live programs on television.
- Master of Ceremonies for Weekly Lectures of Maulana Wahiduddin Khan that are broadcast regularly on ETV Urdu and webcast live globally.
- Understanding Religion, Mission, Jihad and Peace organized by Vidya Jyoti College
- Discuss Dawah, Interfaith Dialogue and Peace organized by vidya jyoti college
- Participated in the dialogue Seminar on “Building Peace through Learning and Understanding: A Buddhist initiative of dialogue with Hinduism and with Islam” held on 28-29 Nov’ 2013 organized by “Osmania University Centre for International Programmes” in collaboration with “World Buddhist Culture Tust”.
Represented CPS International and participated in the undermentioned programs with the Founder Maulana Wahiduddin Khan.
1. Nuclear Disarmament Forum, Switzerland, 2002.
2. The Civilization of Peace, Faiths and Cultures in Dialogue, Cyprus, 2008.
3. New World New Peaceorganized by Peres Center for Peace at Tel Aviv, Israel, 2008.
4. International Peace Conference, Poland, 2009.
5. Interfaith Program at Qatar, 2009.
6. Master of Ceremonies at Islam and Peace program, Dubai Aukaf, 2011.
7. Master of Ceremonies at Interfaith Programs, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, USA, 2011 organized by Al-Risala Forum International on June 17-19, 2011.
8. Interfaith Program, Istanbul, 2012.